Thursday, September 16, 2010

Being Crafty with Rocks!

Well since this summers rock painting workshops, I have accumulated many more rocks that I will ever use for times when I feel like... well... painting a rock! My workshop that I did this summer was of puffin heads, (And try finding a whack of puffin head shaped rocks! It took me 4 trips and 5 islands to get them all! Yikes!) but I did create a bunch more rocks just to show the people involved in the workshops that there are more things you can do and paint with them. Here is the puffin that I did, and also a bunch more I did for fun. :)




Now, the other rocks I picked up were much smaller. I found a bunch of small round rocks and of course made me think of my Fatties. I had always thought about making them into magnets and though that rocks made sense! So with the help of a glue gun, a few Popsicle sticks, toothpicks and of course magnets, I made these three little fellas yesterday afternoon after I completed my painting. I must say, it's cool to see these guys in 3D. I will try and figure out an easier way of doing the legs, but otherwise I will probably make more of these. :D


Aside from the rocks, here is yet another painting of puffins that I did for someone. They saw one of my earlier puffin paintings with the waves and fish (capelin) that I did for my father, and wanted one similar to that.

So this is it! :)

Lori

17 comments:

  1. OMG I am in love with the fatties
    (psst Oct 3 is coming)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cutest. Painted. Stones. EVER.

    Particularly the fatties, although the owls are looking super adorable, too. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I have such a thing for foxes and owls, and belugas. I guess they are my favorite animals. Can't have just one! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful! I love the owls most. But they are all so cute. I will follow your blog, I like your art :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like a three little fellas it's so beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your stone art...the fox,the owl, but no pussycat (lol.) Seriously, you did a fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much Jan. Most appreciated! i seriously want to make more! :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. what type of paint do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was also wondering what paint you use! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are delightfully beautiful! I'd also like to know what type of paint you use, when you have the time to share. Thanks so much :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an inspiration! These are all such fun... I really love your work

    ReplyDelete
  12. your stones are so special and expressional! I like them! best wishes from Hungary

    ReplyDelete
  13. They look lovely:).. may I know what kind of paints you use?. I tried using acrylic paint but looks like it takes ages to dry.

    ReplyDelete